January 19, 2013

Simple Smile Saturday 1/19/13

  Do you ever take a moment and look back on your week?  If you're anything like me you're constantly rehashing most moments and coming up with a better rewrite.  However there are those glimpses, discoveries that make you smile.  I guarantee even in the worst of times those moments exist. So begins my new weekly, or at least I hope it to be, series of simple smiles.  Considering how easy it is to entertain me you won't be surprised at some of my discoveries.


New Series in Development:  I love David Baldacci and just learned that TNT is going to create a series based on his King and Maxwell characters.  Jon Tenney from the Closer and Rebecca Romijn are set to play the leads

Ornaments: If you remember earlier this week in the post So Sad Monday I wrote about how disjointed this Christmas was and that included not buying our annual ornaments.  WELL we found all 5 family ornaments this week and at 70% off as well.  I even bought a cute 2012 snowman ~ for $2.90 you would have too.

Weight Watchers:  Yes the scale went up however.. at the previous meeting a shared a recipe for roasted grapes.  It felt really great to have not just one but three different people report back that they tried it and loved it!!  Also they have a new snack called Celebration Cake ~omg.

Jennifer Lawrence and Silver Linings Playbook:  I thought Jennifer was wonderful as Katniss in the Hunger Games and was excited to see her as a nominee and winner of  2 Best Actress awards for Silver Linings Playbook.  With hubby unexpectedly home Thursday we went and saw Silver Linings Playbook ~ and loved it.  One main reason I particularly like Jennifer is what I read in an interview she gave for the December issue of Elle regarding her weight and how she would never want any girl to starve herself to be like Katniss.  I also didn't realize how "long" she's been around and that she used to be on The Bill Engvall Show in 2007 which I loved, thanks IMDB.

Balsamic Vinegar ~ a current obsession of mine.  This week I used it in three different dinners and in 3 different ways and each was wonderful.  I'm going to share my new recipe next Friday.

Yup there were many opportunities to look back on last week and smile!   And those were just the ones I thought you might be interested in.  What made you smile this week?




1 comment:

  1. aw, I love an excuse to try and recall moments of joy. I do that in my weekly update on Wednesdays, where I have a Happiness Project running, since I tend toward cynicism and negativity. Because of my sour nature, my number one Personal Commandment is: Happy is a Choice! Good on you for being active in finding your own reasons to smile. And I'm glad your week had so many shiny moments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!