January 17, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food Fridays 1/18


     So how do you think I did?  Let's see I tracked all of my food and stayed within my weekly allotted points.  I gained .4 pounds~ ugghh.  The only thing I can see that I did wrong last week is my water consumption.  Usually that is no problem for me whatsoever but a couple of times this week I was actually very thirsty.  After reviewing my week with the staff they all agree that it is probably the water or the possibility that I may be coming down with something,  I'm not sure if they jinxed me but I have had the worse sore throat the last hour or so.

      Onto the food.  It happens to all of us.  We get excited about a recipe we've read, follow directions exactly, serve it to our family and even you don't like it.  I really don't get that upset about it.  Though I do make sure I never make that recipe again.  You should see my cookbooks ~seriously.  Anytime I try a recipe I always and I do mean always write comments both good and bad.
     Tuesdays in our house means breakfast for dinner.  This week I wanted to try something different, kinda shake things up.  Our menu included two new recipes plus scrambled eggs (had to have something safe just in case).
The Menu was:
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs 
Breakfast Berry Cornbread
Breakfast Skewers
The Entire Meal would be 18PP+.  Now for many that may seem like a lot of points however both hubby and I are allotted over 40 points per day so 18 on dinner is appropriate.

     If haven't guessed already the failed item was the Cornbread.  As you can see from the picture the berries fell through the top of the bread.  That wasn't the issue.  The problem was the taste!! I was really looking forward to this as I love cornbread.  Even a spread of butter didn't help. However I do have to say that both of the boys liked the cornbread.  The Breakfast Skewers were really good and I can't wait to make them again after a visit to the Whole Foods Meat Department and their wonderful handmade sausages.  I've included both recipes below. Let me know if you try them and what you think.

Until next Friday when hopefully I can report that I actually lost fat while loving my food!
Breakfast Sausage from Taste of Home
  • 1 pkg Jones light sausage links (10) cut in half
  • Mushrooms whole, sm pkg
  • 20oz can chunk pineapples (drained)
  • 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
  • Drizzle Maple (Pancake) Syrup
  1. Pre-heat broiler.  
  2. Alternating with the pineapples and mushrooms thread onto 4 metal skewers.  
  3. Brush completed skewers with the melted butter (I drizzled the syrup). 
  4. Place the skewers onto a pan that allows them to be suspended so they don't touch the bottom.  I found using a round deep dish pizza pan worked best.  
  5. Cook for 10 minutes or until sausage is done.  No need for turning.
  6. BE CAREFUL serving the skewers stay hot for a bit!  
Serves 4   8 PP+

Breakfast Berry Cornbread from Weight Watchers Points Plus Cookbook *found it funny that the recipe isn't on their website ~just saying 

  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  •  1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 1 large egg white 
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1- 6 ounce container fresh raspberries or 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries * I used strawberries

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
    2. Spray 9 inch pie plate with non-stick spray.
    3. Whisk together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, egg white, lemon zest and vanilla. 
    4. Add sour cream mixture to cornmeal mixture and stir just until cornmeal mixture is moistened. 
    5. Spoon into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with raspberries.
    6. Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
    7. Let cool on rack 5 minutes.

    Serves 8  8PP+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!