I also have some incredible people for you to check out.
And oh yeah ~ I have a new bead!!
I have been trying very hard to not look at my weight each week. However I could tell that nothing had been happening for almost the last 4/5 weeks. During that time I learned about my thyroid and started new meds. I'll be honest I was expecting to see the scale respond quite positively with the introduction of my thyroid medicine, when the exact opposite has been occurring. In addition, and I'll put this as gently as possible, things haven't been moving as they should and the pharmacist said this isn't uncommon. UGGHHH sure just what I need my body working against me in another way ~ happy happy joy joy. I'm keeping track of things, adding an over the shelf daily supplement for 2 more weeks before returning to the doctor to see if we need to change the dose of my meds.
- Oil~ we should be having 2t of healthy oil every day and you CANNOT count your salad dressing. SAY WHAT??? What June does is add her oil to her large lunch salad before her dressing. One of the health benefits of having the oil everyday is it helps keeps your digestion moving (definitely paying attention to this one)
- Vitamins ~ I'm just really bad at this even being a Melaleuca member, which is their big thing.
- Grains~ Whole Grains, outside of Whole Wheat Bread I don't like most of the other healthier grains, especially Brown Rice.
- Protein ~ I used to be really good about getting 2 servings a day and have slacked outside of dinner. With all the eggs I'm getting these days you'd think I would have the protein issue covered.
- Limit Salt/Sugar/Alcohol~ Outside of almost no alcohol I really don't pay too much attention to the salt and sugar. The only sugar I have are my Publix Cookies which are going to disappear for a while; I've even told Hubby he may not bring any home anymore.
@IrishEyes1982 ~ she's lost over 80lbs is a WW leader who shares great stuff
@FrmFat2FitChick ~ she's lost over 200lbs and is now a personal trainer
@SpaGano88 ~ he's lost over 350lbs since Jan 2012
and my favorite:
+thedailymel ~ in addition to her own blog The Daily Mel she also produces the Weight Watchers Daily where she shares articles from across the web related to Weight Watchers. On top of that she is also a contributing writer for The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans,
I am trying to be more of a presence on Twitter especially with the #weightwatchers community. If you decide to join us please be sure to send me a shout out.
I wasn't sure if I was going to share this but here it goes, I'm a bit stressed about next week. You see my 50th birthday is Tuesday and my sweet family wants to have cake and such. On top of that we're going out to dinner Thursday night. Then the following weekend Hubby and I are returning to Victoria and Albert's *read about our last visit as well as attending the Food and Wine Festival at Disney. Staying on program to maintain never mind trying to lose weight is not going to be easy!!!
Until next week