June 27, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food Friday June 28

     Well we all know that last week was not the best of times for me and Weight Watchers.  Before I type another word I want to say THANK YOU so very much for the incredible support it helped so very much.  Onto this week.  I'd like to say that I recovered from that set back and plowed ahead.  Reality was I pretty much threw program to the wind for 48 hours.  So what happened this week?
You can't imagine how happy I was to see June sitting behind the counter last night at WW.  Hubby had already weighed in ~BIG CONGRATS he passed through another 10 pound hurdle.  When that middle number changes it feels oh so good.  June already had the heads up about my meltdown last week from Pam, hubby filled her in on the gory details.  Before I even got on the scale we talked about my tracking and everything that could have caused the weight gain.  Pam felt bad that she wasn't able to talk with me before I left.  She wanted to weigh me in on the second scale as it turns out the scale I used was not working properly.  According to the scale last night
I LOST 5.8 pounds 
 Bringing my current total up to 54.8 pounds and like hubby I also crossed a 10 pound hurdle.   So in theory I'm on track for my 1 pound a week goal as we've been members for 53 weeks.  It also means I have to put $8.40 in my Charm Jar :)  


I have got another super easy super quick incredible recipe for you.  I found this on Prevention.com of all places.  The link is for 8 Awesome Asparagus recipes and takes you through a number of recipes before you get to this one.  
The title is exactly what you see in their picture: Aspargus with Eggs and Parmesan.
 It was so out there that I had to try it.

1. Spread 1 bunch asparagus in oiled dish. Bake at 425°F until crisp-tender, 15 min.
2. Crack 4 lg eggs over top and sprinkle with pepper. Bake until whites are set and yolks reach desired doneness, 10 min.
3. Top with 2 Tbsp shaved Parmesan.

I changed things up just a bit,  My asparagus (1 1/2 pounds) was not going to fit into a baking dish.  I spread it all out on a cookie sheet and used 1 T olive oil.  In addition to the shaved Parmesan I also squeezed some fresh lemon juice on top ~ think Hollaindaise sauce. Hubby and I devoured the entire thing.  We like thin asparagus and it crisped up oh so nicely.  So for our 3/4 pound of asparagus, 2 eggs, 1/2 T olive oil, barely an ounce of cheese we used only 6 points for this incredible dish. 
  I think this would be a wonderful brunch dish especially if you made individual servings in pretty oval dishes.
So lovies, I am back on point.  Tracking what I eat and striving for my next goal which is 75 pounds, for that new bead of course. Which also means a new ticker up right, what do you think?

Until next week remember
Always be Glorious

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!