August 29, 2013

Loving Calvin and Hobbes once more

I realize it is Friday and you're expecting my weekly Weight Watchers post.  However I discovered this incredible creation from Zen Pencils and had to share it with you.   I have never re-blogged some one's post before so you that this is beyond great.


  Using advice from a commencement speech given by Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson,  Gavin Ung over at Zen Pencils has crafted a loving tribute to the artist who influenced him the most.  In the article Gavin wrote to accompany this incredible salute he shares what touched him about not only the characters but the man behind them as well.
   On a personal I can't begin to tell you how much we loved Calvin and Hobbes in my family.  Written from 1985-1995 the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips were a constant joy.  I am not sure which I loved more, the animated snowmen or the back ground discussions the parents would have observing their precocious child.
We named our first dog Hobbes (who truly lived up to his namesake).  Years later, as a parent surviving a somewhat milder version of Calvin I discovered my collection of Calvin and Hobbes books being loved to death in my son's room.   I believe Hobbes would have been very proud.
I hope you enjoy as much as I did an opportunity to revisit Calvin's world.
 128. BILL WATTERSON: A cartoonist’s advice
Please be sure to visit Gavin at Zen Pencils and let him know how much you enjoyed his heartfelt homage

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!