January 26, 2019

Oscars 2019

  I think I did a pretty good job of getting to see most of this year's nominated films. I only missed 6 of the nominated films.  I have tickets for Beale Street this Thursday;  thankfully Roma and Ballad of Buster Scruggs are on Netflix; I never heard of Cold War, At Eternity's Gate or  the animated movie Marai until awards season so I'm hoping AMC will show them. I've marked my Predictions ⭐  my favorites 👑   My strongest vote is for Glenn Close in The Wife, I know all the Lady Gaga fans will boo however Glenn's performance was incredible.
Strange side note: I copied the layout I used for the 2017 Oscars and Mahershala Ali was in the exact same place.  I really don't understand how he's the supporting actor but that's why I'm not in Hollywood.



BEST PICTURE
BlacKkKlansman
Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite👑
Green Book
⭐Roma
A Star is Born
Vice

BEST ACTOR
⭐Christian Bale (Vice)👑
Bradley Cooper (ASB)
William Dafoe (At Eternity's Gate) 
Rami Malek (BR)
Viggo Mortensen(GB)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
⭐Mahershala Ali (GB)👑
Adam Driver (BK)
Sam Elliott (ASB)
Richard E Grant (CYEFM)
Sam Rockwell (Vice)

ANIMATED FEATURE
Incredibles 2
Isle of Dogs
Mirai 
Ralph Breaks The Internet
⭐Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
👑

ORIGINAL SONG
All the Stars (BP)
⭐I'll Fight (RBG)
The Place Where Lost   Things Go (MPR)
Shallow (ASB)👑
When A Cowboy Trades(Ballad of Buster)

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
⭐The Favourite👑
First Reformed
Green Book
Roma
Vice

CINEMATOGRAPHY
The Favourite👑
Never Look Away
Roma
⭐A Star Is Born
Cold War

COSTUME DESIGN
Ballad of B. S. 
⭐Black Panther👑
The Favourite
Mary Poppins Returns
Mary Queen of Scots



👑a
BEST DIRECTOR 
⭐Alfonso Cuaron (Roma)
Yorgos Lanthimos (TF)👑
Spike Lee (BK)
Adam McKay (Vice)
Pawel Pawlikowski(Cold War)




BEST ACTRESS
Yalita Aparicio (Roma)
⭐Glenn Close(Wife)👑
Olivia Coleman (TF)
Lady Gage (ASB)
Melissa McCarthy (CYEFM)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams (Vice)👑
Marina de Tavira (R)
⭐Regina King (IBSCT) 
Emma Stone (TF)
Rachel Weisz (TF)

BEST ANIMATED SHORT
Animal Behavior
Bao👑
Late Afternoons
One Small Step

Weekends

ORIGINAL SCORE 
⭐Black Panther
BlacKkKlansman
If Beale Street Could Talk
Isle of Dogs
Mary Poppins Returns👑

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
⭐A Star is Born
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
BlacKkKlansman
Can You Ever Forgive Me👑
If Beale Street Could Talk


FILM EDITING
BlacKkKlansman
⭐Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
Vice👑

MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING
Border
Mary Queen of Scots
⭐Vice
👑

VISUAL EFFECTS
⭐Avengers: Infinity War👑
Christopher Robin
First Man
Ready Player One
Solo: Star Wars











post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!