May 31, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food, Friday May 31st

     (Wed afternoon) I'm starting this post a bit early this week, knowing which way the scale is going to move.  I am a stress eater and let me tell you this week was stress-packed.  Started off great with celebrating Hubby's birthday, then he spent 3 days in the hospital, as if that wasn't enough while he was in there our son thought he was unexpectedly shipping out with the Marines.  Subs, pastries and packs of cookies were my comfort.
Before I even get to what happened at the scale last night I have to give a quick shout out to my oldest who turns 21 today ~
Happy Birthday Em 
miss you bunches 
(she's at camp training in GA)


Seeing as how I am ounces away from reaching 50 pounds of fat gone I was thinking about a way to celebrate that loss.  My first thought was to get my hair done, but that just doesn't do it for me.  I want to do something that is going to motivate me on the days I really feel like I am falling off the wagon and into the bakery section at Publix.   For a while I've been toying with the idea of buying a "M" charm from Pandora, M being the Roman Numeral for 50.  But that feel to the way side as it is the initial for 3/4 of the crew and so Nope not ME enough.  Plus I felt that charm would blend in with the rest.  While playing on the Pandora website I discovered the Murano Glass Beads called Stepping Stones, aren't they pretty! Plus I think they're very symbolic of my journey.  So each time I lose an additional 25 pounds I am going to celebrate the monumental step in my weight loss with a charm.  Their bright colors will stand out on my silver bracelet.  My plan is to put away $1.50 for every pound I lose along the way so that when I reach the 25 pounds the money will already be there.  I'm even going to make a special jar to store the money, I'll share that when complete.  Of course I'll also accept donations along the way Pandora does give gift certificates LOL, no seriously they do. (JK)

By the way I gained 0.4 pounds this week ~ 28 ounces to lose for 50 and my charm.

Blueberries
Cherries
Raspberries
Strawberries

I just love the fresh fruit this time of year.  Having blueberry and strawberry bushes makes it even more wonderful.  There are so many great recipes out there but to be honest I prefer to slice them up and chomp away.  I'm sorry I don't have more to share this week but the honest truth is I barely cooked with all of the craziness.  But I do want to share two great sites that I've used Berry Recipes from.  They both have unique recipes, including some wonderful adult beverages. You won't be disappoited.
She has some really unique Berry Recipes
http://www.saucysprinkles.com/
http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net
I am so determined to be sharing my I lost 50 pounds button with you next week. Gonna be rough with the graduation celebrations but I am committed.  Until then~

Always be Glorious 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!