May 10, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food Friday, May 10

     So sorry I missed last week.  I was completely under the weather and didn't even make it to WW to weigh in.  These past two weeks have held a bit of self-realization moments so let's get right into it.

First off let's start with last night's weigh in.  I have to say I was surprised to see the scale move down 1.6 pounds.  I've have been seriously back-sliding with self control.  The reality of it is when it comes to certain foods I simply have ZERO self control.  Pepperidge Farms 3-Layer Cakes are no longer allowed in my house.  
Hubby bought one last weekend, then went to bed not eating any.  The two remaining kids may have eaten 1/4 of the cake; key words in that sentence were may have. By the next night I had slivered that puppy away.  You know what I'm talking about, when you slice away just enough so it sits on the knife but doesn't seem noticeable. Well it doesn't take but two or three slivers before you can notice it.  Then it simply becomes a matter of time with a running commentary in your head. Mine usually sounds like this:
  • Let's face it I'm gonna eat the whole thing eventually so what difference does it make if I eat it all now? 
  • Maybe if I just have one more sliver that will be enough and I won't want it anymore.  Just eat it already
  • Look there's some frosting on the inside of the box, if I eat that then my chocolate craving will be done ~Yeah right Who are you trying to fool.  
  • IF I walk away now maybe someone else will eat the cake so I can't, Like I might allow them to eat my cake.  
  • I'll have milk with it to get in my daily serving and that'll help me stop. Now I sound like Bill Cosby's Chocolate Cake for breakfast.  
  • Plate, who needs a plate it's already sitting on a styrofoam one why dirty another.
  
We all have food obsessions of some kind, be honest there is a dish out there that you simply love.  Last year I fell in love with Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Salad.  I was actually very disappointed when they took it off their menu in the fall. Glory be the expression good things come to those who wait is true because my salad is back!! Sure there are other restaurants that make a great Strawberry Chicken Salad; Longhorn and Cracker Barrel come to mind.  However there is just something about Panera's Salad.  Maybe it is the combination of blueberries, strawberries and pineapple.  Or possibly it is their Poppy Seed Dressing. I don't know.
     Regardless of why it makes my taste buds sings I didn't realize how excited I would be about its return until I saw it on the menu while at Panera for breakfast.  Did you know you can order a salad for breakfast at Panera?  That's right I had a salad for breakfast!  As it was morning and it is a large salad, I ate half of it.
     I just learned that I'm not the only one who absolutely adores this salad as Panera has a link on their page The Secrets to Our Strawberry Poppyseed Salad.  This salad is 9 years old~ how did I not enjoy it until last summer.  Just goes to show you what rethinking our food choices can bring into your world.  
    
     That's this week's update on my continual effort to Lose Fat while Loving Food
Until next Friday have a Glorious Weekend




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!