- Exercise, staying fit over getting slim. University of South Carolina study found just 30 minutes of exercise daily can cut a woman's chances of stroke 20% while losing weight didn't make a difference
- Vitamin E Some research suggests that your chances of having a stroke decreases as much as 50% if you take 400 IU of Vitamin E. **PLEASE do NOT increase vitamin E without talking to your doctor as there are conflicting reports on whether it is helpful or harmful**
- Smile University of Michigan suggests that simply smiling, even if you don't mean it, can reduce your risk of a stroke by 27%. When you smile it signals your brain to slow down production of cortisol, a hormone that kick-starts artery damaging inflammation.
- Eat some Raisins Consuming a 1/4 cup of dried fruit daily could cut your stroke risk by 25%. Dried fruit is rich in potassium. This mineral helps artery walls relax which can prevent damaging blood pressure spikes.
- Bloody Mary To reduce your risk of a stroke up to 37% have some vodka. Well that’s not what it really says ~misleading front page headline L What it does say is that women who added one cup of nutrient rich fruit or vegetables to every meal cut their risk of a stroke as much as 37%. This can also be achieved by drinking a Bloody Mary or one 8-oz glass of V8 EACH day. According to Canadian research going too low on your sodium isn’t helpful so drink the regular V8 not the low sodium alternative. See you should have had a V8 (Sorry couldn’t resist)
Arm & Leg Weakness
Time is Critical
If you answer yes to any of the above CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!