March 1, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food Friday 3/1

     Do you have a ritual that you follow on the days you weigh-in?   I do and I am very certain many, many others do as well.  Whether it is the best idea or not I tend to eat little more than breakfast before I hit the scales Thursday @ 5:30.  We changed our near 20 year ritual of having pasta on Wednesday nights, at the suggestion of our Weight Watchers leader, due to its effect on weigh-ins.  I have a selection of dresses, all very similar, that I wear.  No headband, no Pandora bracelet and definitely no shoes.  And I always visit the restroom once we arrive at the meeting.  My thought is by keeping things as similar as possible any movement on the scale is all me and I can't put it off to "my jeans or sweater"  which also means no excuses.  So with all of that the scale this week went down 1.4 pounds ~ yeah!!
     This week I tried a new soup recipe.  It was vegetarian and really good.  I followed the recipe on the back of Bobs Red Mill Black Bean Soup Mix.  I'll admit to being a bit hesitant in completely adhering to the recipe as it called for 2 cups of butternut squash ~ not a family favorite.  I am so glad I used the squash as it replaced the pieces of meat you'd expect to find and took on a great flavor. I enjoy being surprised when foods surprise me with their versatility.  Definitely will be making this soup again!
     We've also tried Bob's Red Mill Apple Cinnamon Granola and 13 Bean Soup Mix.  You'll be glad you tried either one.

     Another new recipe this week showed up Tuesday night's Breakfast for Dinner.  The idea is a take on deviled eggs. I adapted Dawnab's Devilishly Good Egg Sandwich recipe on Food.com.  Think De-constructed Deviled Egg Open Faced Sandwich.
Ingredients:

  • Sliced Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Split Biscuits* (Home made is best of course)
  • Sausage Patties cooked
  • Devilishly Good Sauce (recipe to follow)
On half a biscuit spread a layer of sauce.  Add sausage then a few egg slices followed by a bit more sauce.  It is that simple and really really good.  Serve with fruit for a rounded out meal.  Plan one egg and two small sausage patties per whole biscuit

To make the sauce:
1 cup mayo
1/2 c mustard
1T vinegar ( i used apple cider)
mix all in a container, makes enough for 16 half sandwiches


*In her recipe Dawnab used English Muffins but I didn't have any so I whipped up a batch of biscuits instead.


So how was your week? Any new recipes to share?


2 comments:

  1. That soup sounds interesting. I would never have thought to use butternut squash with a black bean soup mix. I'll have to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Small Footprints
    I was pleasantly surprised with the squash. Let me know how it goes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!