October 27, 2012

Losing Fat Loving Food Fridays 10/26

     Think I have finally settled on a name for this weekly post that I like ~ hope you do too!

    I am very excited to share that I have crossed a threshold on my weight loss journey.  As of yesterday's weigh in I am down:



To try and give you an idea of what thirty pounds is ~
Cocoa a cow from Stonyfields Organic Farm weigh 30lbs when she was born.

I didn't discover any new glorious food to share with you this week. However last I did try a new breakfast recipe that was a huge hit.  I, of course, tweaked it a bit and think you'll really enjoy it:
Original version 5 PP+ Updated 7PP+

2 tsp olive oil canola oil
1 large green pepper sliced
1 large red pepper sliced 
1 tsp minced garlic
4 6 large eggs
3 6 egg whites (fed puppies extra yolks)
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
4 low calorie hamburger buns
6 ciabatta rolls


  • Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; saute until tender and light golden, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Set vegetables aside.
  • In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. Scramble in same skillet over medium heat until almost cooked, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add vegetables back to skillet and gently mix; continue scrambling until eggs are set but not dry, about 30 seconds to 1 minute more.
  • Divide filling onto 6 buns. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.

1 comment:

  1. 30 pounds--that's fantastic! The recipe sound delish, will have to give it a try. I've been into those egg beaters egg substitutes lately. They're not so bad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!