April 19, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food: Friday April 19th

 
  Last night I got to see the results of my newly added activity of daily walking.  I saw the effect that had on my goal of 52 pounds before June 21st.  After two weeks of watching the scale stay still I finally saw it move, and in the right direction!!

2.8 lbs
     That's right I lost 2.8 pounds this week. WOO HOO which means I only have 8.2 pounds to reach my next goal of 52 pounds. I'll be honest walking at 8am every day really isn't my favorite thing to do. One thing that made it a bit easier is having a book on tape to listen to. I don't have an I-Touch to download books onto but the library has this great format called play-away. It is actually a mp3 player loaded with one book. You just have to provide the battery and headphones.  I know a lot of people listen to music while they walk, I can lose track of time and thus walk longer while engaged with listening to a story.

Grilled Pizza
   

    I've been reading a lot about grilled pizza so thought I'd give it a try.   I had some beautiful veggies from the farmer's market so my plan was Gilled Veggie Grilled Pizza.  You can find numerous dough recipes if the one I made doesn't fly your kite.  One couple at Weight Watchers uses Spinach Flat Outs for their Grilled Pizza.  I grilled enough veggies to have left overs for a Grilled Veggie Frittata for Tuesday night.  I always love one night's work creating double meals!
   Grilled Pizza Dough
1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) yeast
1 cup water
1 pinch sugar
2 t salt
1 T olive oil
3 1/3 c flour
1 T Italian Seasoning
2 t Garlic Powder

In the bowl of your bread maker mix the first 3 ingredients.  Allow this to sit for at least 10 minutes.  The yeast should be activated and you'll see foam ~ if not then your yeast is dead (yup it can go bad).
Mix in the salt, oil and flour.  I set my machine on dough and let it do its thing. Allow it to rest for 1 hour.  Turn out onto floured surface.  Sprinkle the seasonings onto the dough and knead in well.  Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for another hour.  When dough has risen to twice its size punch down.  I divided this into 4 separate pizzas.  Roll each pizza out so it is no more than 1/2" thick.
1/4 of the dough is 11 PP+ for Weight Watchers.

Preheat your grill to 350.  If you are cooking with gas once the grill is heated to 350 lower your flames to medium or your crust will cook too fast and burn.  I sprayed the grill with Spam to ensure the dough wouldn't stick.  Once the dough hits the grill it only takes a few minutes to cook, you'll see bubbles forming.  I like my crust well done, check the under side of your pizza until it looks done.  I had foil covered pans nearby to transfer the pizza onto.  You'll flip the pizzas so the cooked side is up.  We laid out a fixings tray, thus allowing everyone to personalize their pizzas.  When you return the pizzas to the grill, close the cover and cook until the cheese is melted.  Allow pizzas to sit a few minutes before eating.  I put the first two on the top rack while I cooked the second two, thus keeping everything nice and crisp and allowing everyone to eat at the same time.

I chose not to use sauce but rather brushed my pizza lightly with garlic infused olive oil.  I used the grilled veggies, 1 T feta cheese and a pinch of mozzarella.

Let me know if you try this recipe.  Or better yet if you have one of your own please share!

Have a glorious weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!