January 25, 2013

Losing Fat Loving Food Friday 1/25

     Of course the week that I really really want to be extra good there was a three day weekend.  Despite that holiday I remained on track.  I actually worked my tail off in the garden those days as you know.  So this week the scale was my friend and I lost 2 pounds WOO HOO

     At our meeting last week June gave us homework, which is quite unusual for her.  We had to create a sumptuous dinner but it could only be 10 points.  The best menu would win a cookbook (or so I thought).  Not that I need a new cookbook but the gauntlet was thrown.  For days I kept trying to imagine how to serve a full meal, dessert included that would win this puppy hands down.  I also wanted the meal to be satisfying and if at all possible include alcohol.

White Berry Sangria 2pts
Roasted Grape w/Balsamic Vinegar 0pts
50/50 Mixed Greens Salad W/Roasted Almonds 0pts
Lemon Strawberry Vinaigrette 0pts
5 oz Tuna Steak 4 pts
Roasted Green Beans w/sesame seeds 0pts
healthy oil 1 pt
glorious strawberry fluff 1 pt
shaved chocolate 0pt

     Things went a bit differently then expected today;  I shared my menu and it went over wonderfully however the cookbook was decided raffle style :( I had fun and we got to create 6 different menus as a group.

     Last week I told I created a really great recipe and that I'd share it today so here it is! So simple I know you'll love it.

Citrus Ginger Tuna Steaks

3 Tuna Steaks
marinade:
Juice of 2 Oranges
1/2 c Soy Sauce *Salt-Free
1/4 c canola oil
1 T grated Ginger

Orange slices for garnish

The marinade makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of marinade.  After the Tuna Steaks were removed I measured over 1 cup of marinade remaining.

Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag and combine well.  Add Tuna Steaks to bag, remove as much air as possible.  Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.  Heat Grill.  Remove Tuna from bag and discard marinade.  Grill Tuna for no more than 4 minutes each side or it will be over done.  I squeezed a little fresh orange juice on top of the Tuna before serving.
~~Sorry I thought I had taken pictures of the meal.

    Hope you have a glorious weekend.  Let me know if you try any great recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!