February 4, 2019

January Movies Part 2

I've seen 2 more movies since my last January post.  I actually thought I'd see more .
BumbleBee, The Boy Who Would Be King 

Bumblebee 3.5/5
  I'll admit to not being a huge fan of the Transformers series.  I did enjoy the first back in 2007 (yes some 12 years ago).  I have no recollection of seeing any of the others so either I missed them or they were that forgettable.  Bumblebee is the 6th in the series and is a prequel.  I was surprised with all the positive feedback it was getting and knowing that The Brain does enjoy these types of movies I graciously agreed to see it 😏.  I am a fan of Hailee Steinfeld and I thought she brought the freshness that was definitely needed.  I thought the origination story was well rounded and while it may have tied into some story lines for the previous 5 movies I have no clue. The supporting cast included John Cena and Jorge Lendeborg Jr (who I think we'll be seeing more of).  The mother character drove me a bit nuts but in these types of movies that's not really the focus is it.  If you enjoy the big battle scenes then yes see it on a big screen but I don't think you'll miss much enjoying it from home.
The Kid Who Would Be King 4/5 
This is a great Family Film.  The Brain truly enjoys anything that has to do with the Legend of King Arthur, Merlin or Excalibur so this modern day remake was on our viewing list.  I wanted to see Serenity but the times didn't work out. In this modern day twist the hero is Alexander not Arthur and he's about 12.  The movie is about hope despite the world around you.   Arthur is played by Louis Ashbourne Serkis (Andy Serkis' son) and it looks like his career will be as incredible as his dad's.  Merlin is played by both Angus Imrie and Patrick Stewart.  In an interview with Coming Soon Patrick, who has quite a history with Arthurian works,  hinted that this particular Arthur story may not be done.  
Trailers 
Fighting With My Family 2/14/2019
5 Feet Apart 3/15/2019
Us 3/22/2109
A Dog's Journey (Dog's Purpose 2) 5/17/2019
X-Men Dark Phoenix 6/7/2019
Spider Man: Far From Home 7/5/2019
 
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!