April 8, 2017

904 Life: Publix New Ready to Cook Dinners

While at Publix the butcher asked me "What's for dinner tonight?"  Thinking he was making small talk I showed him my basket of Pulled Pork (which was BOGO).  He then asked if I'd like dinner for free on Publix? As if I'd say no!
Pubix has a new line of Ready to Cook dinners and we were fortunate to be offered one to try out that night.  Our dinner was Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce and Penne.  As you can see the meal typically costs $14.99 ~ but nothing beats FREE!
The cooking directions are included on the back.  The butcher recommended slicing the pork and cooking it in the sauce instead of baking it in the oven, so that's what I did.  The entire meal probably took just under 20 minutes (you never want to rush pork).  The penne is already cooked so all it needs is warming up in the sauce.
The meal was very nice, I rounded ours out with a Salad,  I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a larger portion of noodles, I measured the cooked bag at 3/4 cup which wasn't a tiny amount for two but then again we do like pasta.  The Mushroom Marsla sauce was good but the mushrooms were small chopped up bits, not large pieces.  Overall I'd say the taste was very nice for a prepared meal.

While I doubt that I'd buy it again I can definitely see this working for other families.  As someone who enjoys cooking and can make Marsala sauce the price point is a bit high.  I think this would be great for a couple with minimum cooking skills looking for something different to throw together quickly.  When you compare it price-wise to the Home Delivery Meal services (Blue Apron et al) there is definitely more value for your money at Publix.

Thank you again Publix

Here's the nutrition info
Always wear your invisible crown
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)
It there's something you'd like to share privately please email me at
Ladybren@yahoo.com

Have a Glorious Day!